Learn how to make AeroPress coffee like the World AeroPress Champion 2021. We brewed and tasted the winning recipe from Tuomas Merikanto, who won the trophy in March 2022.
AeroPress Recipe by Tuomas Merikanto
(World AeroPress Champion 2021)
- grind size: 27 clicks on Comandante Grinder
- water: espresso packets from Third Wave Water
- filters: 2x, rinsed
- Add 18.0g coffee into the inverted AeroPress
- Start the timer when water hits the coffee. 0.00-0.10 add 50g water @ 80C.
- Stir: 0.10-0.15 stir very gently 3 times back and forth.
- Pour water: At 0.15-0.30 pour water from 50g to 200g @ 80C.
- Stir: 0.30-0.50 allow to brew, at 0.50 stir very gently 3 more times.
- Brewing: At 1.00 push excess air out, attach the filter cap and let it brew till 1.40.
- Flip brewer: At 1.35 put the pitcher on, at 1.40 flip the brewer so coffee doesn’t spill.
- Press: When flipped, press right away at 1.40-2.00.
- Swirl at 2.00-2.30 and in the end pour from altitude to another pitcher.
- Serve: Enjoy!